Al-Fal Medical Group
Important information about the Coronavirus (Covid-19)
The NHS across Bolton will be better prepared for outbreaks of new infectious diseases, if the public follows Public Health England advice
The NHS has put in place measures to ensure the safety of patients and staff which may mean your patient experience is subject to change.
The new advice issued by the Chief Medical officer is to stay at home for 7 days if you have either:-
- A high temperature or
- a new continuous cough
DO NOT GO TO A GP SURGERY, PHARMACY OR A HOSPITAL. You do not need to contact 111 to tell them you are staying at home.
Use the NHS 111 online coronavirus service if
- you feel you cannot cope with your symptoms at home
- your condition gets worse
- your symptoms do not get better after 7 days
- ONLY CALL 111 IF YOU CANNOT GETHELP ONLINE
Stay at home advice can be found on the NHS website.
Everyone is being reminded to follow Public health England advice to:
- Always carry tissues with you and use them to catch your cough or sneeze. Then bin the tissue and wash your hands or use a sanitiser gel.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after using public transport. use a santiser gel if soap and water are not available
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are unwell.
- Information remains subject to regular change and updates. more information can be found on the NHs website, visit www.nhs.uk/coronavirus.
With patients' needs at the heart of everything we do, our website has been designed to make it easy for you to gain instant access to the information you need. As well as specific practice details such as opening hours and how to register, you’ll find a wealth of useful pages covering a wide range of health issues along with links to other relevant medical organisations.
7 day access appointments
If you require a GP or nurse appointment during the evening or weekend you can contact the practice and request a 7 day access appointment. These are available from 1830 Hrs until 2130 Hrs on weekday evenings and from 0900 Hrs until 1300 Hrs on Saturday and Sundays at one of the three sites across Bolton. Please contact us for more information.
Pride In Practice
Al-Fal Medical Group has signed up to 'Pride In Practice' which is a service provided by The Lesbian & Gay Foundation to GP practices to support improvements in health outcomes for their lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans (LGBT) patients, as well as strengthen their engagement with, and understanding of, that community.
(Site updated 19/03/2020)